Wednesday 15 August 2012

Sandwich Tern and Med Gull at Rotherhithe today

I'd been out early on and Crossness revealed nothing. Just sat down to start doing some of my dissertation when John A called saying there'd been some good tern passage past Gallions Reach. So I walked the 100 yards or so to the river from my flat, and in the rain there was immediately a smart adult Sandwich Tern that had just flown by Greenland Pier, heading downriver towards Greenwich at 11.49am. Only my 2nd ever at Rotherhithe. If this wasn't enough, my first juvenile Med Gull of the year for Rotherhithe was also off Greenland Pier - using some leftover crackers I managed to entice it in.



A Common Sandpiper downriver (scarce here) and 2 Common Terns ended a nice distraction from writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment