Sunday 3 July 2011

Relaxing times

It's been an enjoyable weekend, on the back of a rather hectic week at work. In Rotherhithe, Reed Warblers have successfully bred at Canada Water, the Common Terns are busy feeding young while Black-headed Gulls (including a few juveniles) are back in town and over the next few weeks will hopefully bring the odd scaly juvenile Med Gull with them.

Marbled White
People often go on about the decline of England's wildlife. Anyone been to Hampshire recently? I spent the weekend there, with my parents and at a mate's BBQ, and with the sun shining it was a delight. Just within the confines of my parent's garden I recorded 10 species of butterfly (including Marbled White and Ringlet) as well as a Yellowhammer singing and a juvenile Green Woodpecker calling rather pathetically. Reckon a few Quail could have been found if I'd had the time too...
Meadow Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment